Monday, September 13, 2010

Notice.

I think people in general like to be remembered. It's always nice when someone who has met you once in their life remembers your name. It's even better when someone remembers something about you specifically, like if you've gotten a hair cut.
I've been spending a lot of time over the past 2 weeks trying to remember names and failing in epic proportion. I'm a face person; I remember what people look like, and I can even tell you where I met them, but for the life of me I can't keep up with names. After people like me, you have the people who just remember names, not faces, and I won't lie, that's a pretty useless skill.
I wonder what life would be like if God couldn't always remember what our name is; God isn't even obligated to notice us, let alone know every single hair on our head. I think we should take a step back every once in a while and appreciate the fact that God notices us.
Sometimes I like to include something to that effect in prayer; it catches lots of righteous people off guard, you can feel their gaze shift over to you skeptically, almost as if they were reprimanding you with their eyes. But God really doesn't have to do it, and I think it's only right that we should thank him for simply noticing us, because, at the base of our relationship, of every relationship, is knowing the person. To be known is to be loved, and God? God loves us.

Hi, if you haven't looked around at all on the blog my name is David. I'm a freshman at Olivet Nazarene University. I'm studying corporate communications and minoring in psychology...at least thats the plan... 
I am a lot of things, but I like to think of myself as a philosopher who is idealistic in theory, but pragmatic in reality.
I occasionally get things right the first time, which is one of the nice things about writing; for all you know, I could have revised this particular sentence eighty thousand times before publishing it... I'm probably too impatient to do that much work on one sentence though.
I like to think I'm an optimist, but since that's a pretty relative concept, who really knows what I am. I will be recording my thoughts, like the paragraph above, two to three times a week. Who knows? Maybe I'll go ape one week and post it four or five times.


All of that to say, I'm glad you're reading my blog, every once in a while you might glean some information that you can use, so stick with me for a few weeks and I'll do my best to keep you entertained.




-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment