Monday, January 17, 2011

In Your Dreams.

I know, I know; I admit it, it's just not on the same level as my usual caliber of hilarious, laugh out-loud punny titles. It's ok though, because I'm going to reference Inception in this blog, and that's enough to redeem all (most of) the bad puns I've ever made in this blog.


So, as I mentioned a second ago, your life is a dream. Seriously, prove to me that you aren't dreaming right now. Spin your precious little totem thingie and describe to me, in detail, why you think that you are currently in "reality." It's a very interesting thought, and for the record, Inception happens to be my favorite movie of all time. I know someone just clapped out there, so just know that I did a little sitting bow and a "thank you, you are too kind." I've seen Inception four times, and seeing it a couple days ago, here at Olivet was just another notch on my gun/sleep inducing, looks-like-the-movie steel box with all those sweet wires and that awesome, yet inordinately large button in the middle. You think I'm joking? Check Ebay right now. I dare you. click here


Fine. Maybe I didn't have 300 bucks to blow on that ultra cool brief case. I guess that's just part of the college experience. Those of you who have a huge spending allowance from their parents, and no job can stop reading here. I want to talk to you: the tough college student. You, whose days are spent picking up the pennies the upperclassmen so foolishly throw at us, and attending movies on campus for two dollars with your money-saving student discount card. I salute you! I think last semester quickly revealed many of the people who didn't have a good concept of money management. Once daddy realized that you were eating out every other day, while the rest of us learned the concept of the iron stomach, he stopped sending you 100 bucks a week, right? I certainly hope so, for your sake.


Ok, I don't want to be this harsh, but I really am thankful that my parents have never unduly spoiled me. I've always seen them practice good spending habits through my life, and I think I've been given an advantage in that respect. College is a place where you figure out a lot of things really quickly, and money management is impossible to avoid. Isn't that a good thing though? Even those of us who had trouble first semester with spending too much on Starbucks, Doritos and ordering pizza at 2 am. have begun to learn how to manage money better.


Ok here comes my cliche closing paragraph where I leave you with a thought about how much we've learned in college, or how interesting something or other is too me. I know I'm not much more than captain obvious most of the time, and this is a perfect example; so let me spare you the pleasantries and tell you how it is. Start learning good spending habits now, or have money troubles the rest of your life.


Sincerely,


-Do you REALLY need that child sized white chocolate mocha frappuccino light blended coffee with an extra shot of espresso, one pump of sugar free raspberry flavoring, and no whipped cream on top?
a.k.a. (Dave)

No comments:

Post a Comment