Thursday, September 16, 2010

Life @ Olivet.

So, my last post was rather philosophical in nature. This post will be very much the opposite. I just want to tell you a little bit about my first couple weeks at Olivet. 
It's been quite an adventure, but I’ve adjusted quickly to the fast- paced, long-night college lifestyle. It feels like there is always something going on around here; when there isn't anything going on, we find something to do. College is a little like a marathon -- a marathon with tons of little finish lines along the way; there are few breaks, you are always in a dead sprint, and you find yourself trying to get to the next finish line as quickly as possible without destroying your body. Hence, Nazarene naps.
Now, some people (my roommate, Jeremy Atwood) have been so unfortunate as to get sick already, this early in the year. Needless to say, it was quite a difficult thing for Jeremy to say "no!" to activities and to get sleep so he could get better. But he's been doing a great job with managing his time and avoiding staying up too late and overworking his body. He has, however, gone through approximately a thousand tissues in the past week!
I've really enjoyed all the activities so far: All of the freshman seminar activities, the block party, and especially Ollies Follies have given me and the rest of the freshmen opportunities to meet others, and create great friendships.

I hope you’re having as good of a month as I am,

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment