Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow days.

Original huh? I know, I know; you expect more from me when it comes to my signature title puns, but I'm just not feeling it today. You can't expect a great pun every single blog can you? Ok, maybe I'll try and make up for it in the blog by throwing some more ridiculous things in. Talking cats? That's right, it's just me, throwing you a little love right now, appreciate it!

But back to snow days and such. I think everyone has a little special place in their heart where they suddenly become a fourth grade kid the second school is cancelled because of snow. Anyone? ...Maybe that's just me? I really don't know. Regardless, the snow days were quite the needed break for most students, and professors alike. It gave us all a little weekend in the middle of the week to get some extra sleep, studying, or snow football in.

I like to think that breaks are a necessary part of life (that's how I justify naps in the middle of the day). The more I think about it, the more I think that I'm onto something here. Think about in the bible. So much emphasis, especially in the hebrew culture, is put on a day of rest. So much so that in hebrew law you can only button a few buttons on your shirt without breaking the law! Those people were serious about breaks! I understand why too; in Genesis, the last thing God did in the creation story was rest.

So here's the idea: take a break. We're always so busy say in and day out that we forget what it's like to be quiet, and to rest. I cannot tell you the value of rest, because it is different for each person, but if I was to put a ridiculous statistic on it, I'd say it's ten percent luck twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power of will, five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain, and a hundred....wait...that's not right. Fun, interactive dots anyone?

yes, I did spend about half an hour messing around with that stupid, yet strangely addicting game, and yes, my roommate watched the whole time. I digress... It's time for one of my quaint little summaries where I tell you what I think you should do with your life!

Take a break people. I'm serious. We spend so much time going that we don't know how to stop. That gets old really quickly.
-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment