Thursday, February 24, 2011

The College Student Survival Diet.

I don't know about you, but when I think about food I start to daydream like J.D. in Scrubs...
Yeah, I tend to think about all of the delicious meals my mom has made for me: the scrumptious steak, luxurious lasagna, priceless pizza, fantastic french toast, appetizing apples, mouth-watering melons... too much amazing alliteration? Sorry, sometimes I just get carried away...

Where was I? Oh yes, that's right, I was talking about how amazing food can be. Now, as we all know, the majority of college students are poor; I have experienced shortage of food firsthand, so I'd like to make a few razor-sharp recommendations for all you cool college students and a little advice to any of you who may be entering college in a year or so. We can call it David's Delicious Savvy Student Survival Diet of Deliciousness?

Ok, maybe it needs a little work, so what? ...What's that? Too much alliteration? Fine, I'll lay off my favorite literary device for a while, just for you.

Today I'm going to talk a little about the food options at Olivet. Sometime tomorrow, if you visit my blog again, I will have my top snack foods for the fairly famished college student. But back to todays blog, if you have a meal plan here, you get to pick from a few different sources where you're going to get your grub from:

-Ludwig Dining Hall. This is the main place students go to get regular meals, generally they offer a variety of options including different hot meals like meatball sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, some kind of potatoes (ONU students know what I'm talking about), all sorts of different burgers, fries, pizza, etc. The meal changes on a daily basis. They also offer a bunch of different kinds of cold food that you can make yourself like cereal, toast, PB&J's, sandwiches, and other odds and ends. I highly recommend the ice cream maker as well.

-Nesbitt Lunch. Most students who come here are looking for a quick meal that they can take on the go, and are not interested in taking a long amount of time to eat their meals with others. They have fewer options, and only cold lunch here, but generally Nesbitt is a great place to get food if you are in a hurry.

-The Tiger Den. Not to be confused with the Lions Den, which is an adult superstore advertised on billboards all around Tennessee and Kentucky, this is like a little deli right on campus, and if you have a craving for something different that the usual food from Ludwig this can be a great place to go.

-The Red Room. Similar to the Tiger Den, this is right below Ludwig, and often students take advantage of the better quality food, and the relative peace and quiet of the Red Room to get homework done, or just enjoy lunch with a friend or two.

Here are my two cents in all of this: if you want to survive as a college student, learn to like food. I'm not joking, this is the key to survival as a college student, and in my opinion, the key to life in a lot of ways. The less picky you are, the better (don't you dare tell me that you can't get over your dislike of cheese because you threw up one time when you were four years old after eating a moldy cheese-stick). That is just psyching yourself out, and I should know, I'm a psychology minor and a blogger. I just happen to know everything. In fact, next blog I just might reveal the secret of life. Oh, and I also happen to have inside information that our university president, Dr. Bowling, is going to run for president... of the United States. He'd win too, I bet, with his perfect hair.
-Dave

Ps. If you didn't catch any sarcasm in that last paragraph maybe you should stop reading my blog and get a sense of humor; I hear they sell them real cheap on Ebay nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment