Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Zombie Apocalypse.


I've decided that when the world ends, and everyone turns into bloodthirsty monsters intent on eating my brains, I am going to Outdoor World. Think about it: guns, ammo, food, camping equipment, interesting stuff, it's all inside the very large, thick doors of Outdoor World. I would survive a very, very long time.

These are the things I talk about with my friends during lunch; you see, I have reached the point where I feel comfortable enough with my group of friends to tell them of my genius plan (yes, I think it's pretty much fool me-proof) to survive the zombie apocalypse. If I tried to analyze this any further, I think I would break it down to this simple equation: David is willing to tell friends of Zombie survival plan=David trusts his friends.

I think that is one of the unique things about experiencing college: relationships are built and reinforced at a much quicker rate than was ever possible before. The constant contact with friends is something that has been awesome and scary at the same time. Awesome in that I can be with my friends almost every waking moment, and scary because I can be with my friends almost every waking moment.

You see, in college I think we sprint into this proverbial fray of relationships and we often revel in the freedom we are allowed, but at the same time more relationships means more management of relationships, and at a much more intense level than we have ever experienced in high school or before that. Living with people is a challenge, but in the end I believe it is one of the greatest things we can ever hope to be a part of.

I think that is one of the things I love most about Olivet: it is so much a Christ based community that you will always have someone to fall back on, someone who will listen, someone who cares. From Party with Jesus to Parlor, and even Chapel, God is always moving on campus in very real tangible ways. So I look at college as a revelation, a new chapter in my life; I need to learn to manage my relationships better, because if I don't, soon I won't have any left to work on. 

On a happier note, most freshmen are dealing with the exact same things, so I don't feel so alone. We're all winging it!

-Dave

1 comment:

  1. just a safety tip, never share your zombie plan just in case your readers become infected.

    ReplyDelete